Monday 2 February 2015

Miss Southampton Bids for Miss Hampshire 2015


Hi all,

Here is my official press release I am sending out on my return to Miss Hants:

My name is Larissa Hirst and I came second in Miss Hampshire 2014. This year I am back to hopefully win the title.

I’m a journalist and model from New Milton, Hampshire, and a graduate from Southampton Solent University. I was crowned Miss Southampton in March 2014 after missing out on the Hampshire win, which went to Charlotte Giles.

As runner up I was offered the title of Miss Southampton, and a place in the Miss England semi-finals. I was one of the 10 out of 80 contestants that qualified for the grand finale. I was also the first Miss Southampton to qualify for the nationals since 2010. I placed in the top 10 talent round by bellydancing at the national final, held in Torquay in June 2014.

I’ve fundraised for Naomi House & Jacksplace by running the Southampton Colour Run, and ran the Alton 10 road race for the official Miss World charity Beauty With A Purpose. I’ve also volunteered on Southampton beach cleans, appeared on BBC South Today Radio and Voice FM to promote what being a ‘Miss’ really entails. I am also a member of Amnesty International, and enjoy yoga and blogging about my role as a ‘Miss’ here: http://misshampshire.blogspot.co.uk

As part of my fundraising activities for the Miss Hampshire competition this year, I’ll be running the first ever Southampton half-marathon  for Beauty With A Purpose and Southampton General Hospital’s Hamwic Ward; where 80% of chemotherapy patients at the hospital receive their treatment. My boyfriend of more than three years, Ian Palmer, aged just 26, an employee at VES in Eastleigh, was diagnosed with testicular cancer in October this year.

I’m really hoping to raise awareness of a disease that is surprisingly prevalent in the young and fit, and I want to keep raising funds for good causes, as the work the hospital carries out is inspirational.
As part of the competition I need to gain lots of publicity, and I need as many ‘likes’ on the official Miss Hampshire Facebook page as possible, which you can do by clicking here

To donate to my half marathon, visit this link.

I also have my own official Facebook page where I am providing updates on charity fundraising, as well as activities in the lead up to the Miss Hampshire final.

Many thanks,

Larissa x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Miss Hampshire