Monday 2 February 2015

Hampshire Photography Opportunity


Last week I visited the Highcliffe and Infinity Camera Club after being invited by official Miss Hampshire photographer David Freeman to come along as a model to help during a portrait specific session.

A leading club in the Southern Counties Photographic Federation, the club focuses on digital photography and has competitions as well as guest photographers and much more.

Before I decided to enter Miss Hants 2015, David had asked me as a favour to model for the portrait workshop. I’ve only known David nearly a year now, but he has really helped my self-esteem and confidence when it comes to photos. He’s an expert in posture, and has really helped me understand how to create a good photo from a model’s perspective. Plus he is extremely talented himself!

Anyway, the session was such good fun. After a few flash lighting issues (I don’t get know the technical names and terms!) we got down to work. All the club members had creative ideas and were easy to take direction from. From my rather famous belly dancing poses, to Keith’s picture of a selfie picture idea, I was really impressed with how lovely and talented the photographers were.

I think these opportunities are so valuable to anyone thinking of entering a pageant, as they allow you to train yourself and learn techniques from different photographers. In 2011, I had no idea how to pose or hold myself in front of Fresh Academy, who are incredibly influential in Miss England, and have chosen the winner of the whole competition countless times. They know what they are looking for, so practising with club’s such as this one is incredibly valuable.

I am really hoping when the weather is nicer we can do some shoots and sessions outside and I’d love to be invited back. Thanks once again for the gifts, opportunity and I hope to see you all soon Highcliffe and Infinity Camera Club!

P.S. You can like my official Miss Hants picture by visiting this link

Every like counts towards my points, so I would be really grateful for your support. You can also like my official Facebook page

Highcliffe and Infinity Camera Club offer free taster evenings. Subsequent visits with a view to joining are £3.00 which would be deducted from membership fees on joining the club.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Miss Hampshire