Monday 13 April 2015

A Month as Miss Hampshire


My first month of being Miss Hampshire has been sooooooo busy! I hope this is a sign of even more business to come though! Here is a quick review of what I’ve been up to:

Straight after Miss Hampshire I completed a number of newspaper and magazine interviews on my win, why I entered, feminism, the relevance of beauty pageants nowadays and my future plans. Basically the list of questions was endless! However, as I am journalist by profession, it was interesting being on the other side of being questioned!

Next up was an appearance on That’s Solent TV. The local station has been so supportive since I first decided to enter, and I’m hoping I get to pop along again soon. Visiting the studio alongside Mr Hampshire Mark Young, we were interviewed onset and asked about everything Mr & Miss Hampshire. It was a good to be interviewed live and great practice for speaking under pressure on stage.

Friends were staying at mine one weekend so I decided to take part in the Wintercomfort Simple Suppers challenge as part of Lent. The pancakes I made went down a treat and it just proves you don't have to spend lots of money to make healthy and delicious food. Reigning Miss England Carina Tyrrell supports Wintercomfort greatly and you can find out more about the charity here: http://www.wintercomfort.org.uk/

I attended a great charity event organised by Miss Hertfordshire finalist Jasmine Orr recently as well, who is fundraising for the Miss World charity Beauty with a Purpose. I was super happy to be invited along as not only did I get to hang out with the gorgeous reigning Miss Herts Charlotte White once again, but I won an awesome raffle prize consisting of a ton of beauty pamper treatments.

Crowning Miss Basingstoke is another of my recent duties and it was lovely to see her so happy with her tiara! I visited The Hampshire Court Hotel and crowned Miss Hampshire runner up Nicola Ascroft as Miss Basingstoke. In attendance was the Mayor of Basingstoke as well.

My main focus this month however has been training for the Southampton half-marathon. So far £1600 has been raised I am so thankful and grateful to everyone who has donated. Training for it is hard and it does take up a lot of my time but I am sure it will be worth it. Two weeks to go now! You can still donate here

Coming up over the next four weeks is of course the half-marathon. After recovering from that I’ll be attending Miss London and modelling and presenting at the Southampton Hospital Charity’s fashion show with L.K. Bennett and Clinique. And of course this weekend coming up I’ll be having my official Miss Hants portfolio taken by the talented David Freeman. Stay tuned for another busy month!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Miss Hampshire