Friday 19 June 2015

Visit to Mon Cheri Europe

 

Wow! That sums up my day at Mon Cheri Europe in Cambridgeshire yesterday!

 

Suppliers of fabulous wedding gowns, special occasion and evening wear, Mon Cheri Europe allowed some of the Miss England finalists to pick out their evening gowns and have a few photos in the beautiful dresses – and I was very honoured to one of the select few.

I walked in and was greeted by two rails of beautiful gowns in an array of colours, styles, sparkles and cuts. The variety was ridiculously good and every girl had a struggle to pick just one I think. I was torn between three dresses but eventually I came to a decision. I tried to go for something a little different but within my comfort zone so I would feel confident and myself, but have ramped it up a notch.

The staff at Mon Cheri were so lovely and helpful – they gave honest advice which was great and we also had Miss England and Miss U.K. 2014 (4th at Miss World) Carina Tyrrell there to give us some ideas on what suited us. I am so glad she was there as I kind of fell in love with a certain gown, but she was honest (and right) about it not being ‘me.’ As soon as I got home and showed my family the pictures they 100% backed Carina’s opinion on that dress, and loved the one I went with.

What was extra nice about the day was meeting old and new faces competing in the semi-finals and finals of Miss England. I got to catch up with Maria Miss Coventry, Holly Miss Leicestershire, Giorgia Miss Northamptonshire and Stephanie Miss South Yorkshire, and got to meet Miss Briony-Mai Cornwall, Brianna Miss Devon, Miss Brianna Ipswich & District, Cheraleigh Miss Norwich & District, Jade Miss Surrey and Rachel Miss Middlesex. There was such a good camaraderie between us all and their advice was brilliant. We helped each other into the dresses and gave honest feedback. There was no clawing or cat fighting over any dresses - everyone there was a real girl’s girl and I really enjoyed spending my day alongside such inspirational young women.

I’m tempted to go back and pick out another to wear to the semi-finals now ha ha! I would 100% recommend visiting the shop and wearing Tony Bowls/ Mon Cheri – definitely my favourite dress I’ve ever worn.

Thank you so much to Mon Cheri, Kev Wise, Carina, Angie and the gang at the Miss England office and Paula my organiser for gifting me this beautiful dress. Can’t wait to wear it now! X

P.S. The dress I got is not in any pictures. It is a secret to be revealed at the finals on the 13-14th August!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Miss Hampshire