Thursday 2 April 2015

What makes you unique?


No two beauty queens are ever the same. In fact, there isn’t such a thing as a typical beauty queen. I asked a few Miss England finalists from last year what makes them unique:

Holly Broomfield, Miss Dorset 2014

“I was an ice hockey player when I competed.”

Renee Farquharson, Miss Shropshire 2014

“I was an A-Level student and sat two exams during the weekend of the competition. I also did a skydive.”

Karla Fitzpatrick, Miss Coventry 2014

“I have three autoimmune conditions and I also battled septicaemia in September. I am also doing a Geography & Natural Hazards degree which involves a lot of ‘dirty’ lab and field work.”

Shelley-Marie Sumner, Miss Black Country 2014

“I’m a self-employed dance teacher and I contracted shingles the week before Miss England 2014, but I still managed to compete and pulled myself through the sports and talent rounds!”

Charlotte White, Miss Hertfordshire 2014 and Miss London 2015 finalist

“I skydived for Beauty with a Purpose and raised over £3,000. I also work for a construction company in design, which is a very male-dominated job but every girl has a girlie side too.”

And me, Larissa Hirst, Miss Southampton 2014 & Miss Hampshire 2015

“I work in the oil and gas industry as a journalist which can be quite a masculine industry. I am also a bellydancer, a campaigner for the NHS and a member of Amnesty International.”

I’m really looking forward to getting to know the 2015 finalists and finding out about all their unique and special qualities which make them all amazing people and titleholders.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Miss Hampshire