Friday 6 February 2015

Half-marathon Update & Messages of Support

All I can say is what an amazing bunch of family and friends I have. I cannot believe how quickly the donations have come in!

I joined Nuffield Health a few days ago to help bring my fitness level up for the half-marathon, and myself and Ian are regularly hitting Wimbledon Park for long, outside jogs to get us ready.

What makes the training, the tiredness, and the injuries (hello pulled hamstring from Wednesday's session!) even more bearable are your words of support.

Beauty With A Purpose is an incredible worldwide charity endorsed by the late great Nelson Mandela. The charitable organisation has helped countless numbers of children worldwide, and has given young women across the globe a united cause to support and assist with.

Southampton Hospital Charity is such a personal charity to myself. Nobody thinks they will get cancer, never mind at 26 years old! But unfortunately my lovely boyfriend did. He is my biggest cheerleader, and I am sure he will create a boyfriend club for all the Miss England plus ones one day, as he has been there for me throughout the highs and lows of competing for the crown.

Luckily we are turning a horrific moment in our lives into an opportunity to make a difference. When I signed up to the half-marathon, he immediately wanted to join in, despite being in recovery from his chemo session. This is why charity is great - it brings out the very best in people.

And I think it has brought out the best in all of you. Below are some of the messages of support I have seen on the donation page. Keep posting, keep donating, and please keep being amazing!

Thank you so so much :) xxxx

P.S. If you could also like my picture in the Miss Hampshire contestant album, that would be great

The Comments

Just keep running xxxx
Good luck from Auntie Glenda
Go for it!
Well done hun! You’re such an inspiration! xx
So proud of u both xxx
Larissa you and Ian are inspirational! Lots of love to you xx
Well done Larissa
So proud of you both love from nanny and Norman xx
Well done Ian and Larissa lots of love from Granddad Den x
Good luck From Janie's Mum and Dad
Hope you'll be hitting a home run!
Good luck guys!!
Awesome work fella! Keep it up and smash it.
Well done and good luck guys Xx
Well this is for Ian as already donated to Larissa, lol I know it's for both of your good causes. Just like to say very proud of you Ian and love you loads mum xx
Really well played Ian and Larissa, suggest you start the training soon!! 13.1 miles is a long way!
Good luck guys!!!!
Really deserving cause. Good Luck guys
Great to see you doing so well, Ian. Good luck to both of you for the run!xx
Good Luck Ian!
Best of luck
Go go go, diva! Good luck and much love. I'd volunteer to run with you, but.... ;) xxxxx
Good Luck hun!!!!! :-)
Good luck Larissa and well done this donation is instead of buying Christmas cards I'd rather it go to a worthy cause very proud of you Larissa xx
Well done Larissa
Well done Larissa, you go girl!
Good luck Larissa, hope you smash it :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Miss Hampshire