Wednesday 4 March 2015

Television Appearance

That’s Solent TV is a brand new television station available on Freeview and Virgin. A public news channel, it broadcasts to Southampton, Eastleigh, Winchester, Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight.  Based in Highbury College in Cosham, Childline founder and television presenter Esther Rantzen is VP of Programming.
After seeing Mr Hampshire contestant Mark Young, also from my home town (we went to school together) on the channel I enquired about also popping in to talk about my fundraising efforts.

The team there are incredibly friendly and help you relax before going live. I spoke with their presenter on a number of issues, with the main one being my platform on raising awareness and appreciation for NHS services through running the Southampton half-marathon. Not only does the half-marathon, Southampton’s first one as well, help the people of Hampshire get fitter (with 47% of runners new to taking part in a half-marathon), it also raises awareness of a number of local charities competitors are racing for. We spoke a lot about why I am raising money for BWAP and Southampton Hospital Charity and I talked a lot on how great the staff at Southampton General are and how people shouldn’t be shy about seeing a doctor if they have concerns.

We also discussed misconceptions of beauty pageants and I explained what they actually entailed including intelligence and fitness tests nowadays. Then we ended with a quick plug for the event on March 14th to encourage people to come watch the final.

Afterwards on way out of the studios, the producer asked if I could do two more live interviews next month – one before and one straight after the half-marathon. I better get training now – I’ll need to get my breathe back for those interviews!

Thank you That’s Solent for the opportunity and I’ll see you soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Miss Hampshire