Monday 18 May 2015

Mr & Miss Buckinghamshire


Last night I attended the Miss & Mr Buckinghamshire finals and it was a great competition.

All the contestants were amazing! I really enjoy watching other heats and I knew a few young ladies competing so I originally was just going to attend as a guest. However, David Freeman, a regular Miss England heat photographer and the Miss Hants photographer, was covering the competition so I got a cheeky lift with him and arrived early. He is an absolute star! I really like helping out backstage and giving the other contestants some advice, as well as learning from them, so it was a real treat helping out Kerry and Karina Heslewood, the organisers of Miss & Mr Bucks.

The heat featured a number of difficult rounds, including Brainy Beauty and Mr Mind, as well as a sports round for the boys and eco-wear for the girls. Both the guys and girls were fantastic on stage and really gave the judges a hard time I think!

The judges yesterday included my organiser Paula and her lovely other half and main sponsor of Miss Hants Gideon so it was lovely to catch up with them. Linford from Miss England popped down and also judged and entertained us all – and looked super dapper in a gorgeous suit.

Myself and Miss Northamptonshire Giorgia helped with the raffle and I saw a few £50 notes go in so I am hoping we all raised lots of money for BWAP.

The eventual winner of Miss Bucks, Rachel, had no idea she had won! She didn’t even think she was in the top 11! It just goes to show you have to believe in yourself and I think she will go really far.
I was really grateful to meet Mr & Miss Cambridgeshire Chris and Amber and Giorgia  - one of the best things about supporting other contestants is meeting new friends in the build up to the final and I will be supporting Giorgia at the semi-finals in July.

Well done to Rachel, Robert, Chloe and Gemma, and all the contestants and the whole team of Mr & Miss Bucks. Kirsty and Holly did a great job presenting and thank you for having me once agai.=n.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Miss Hampshire