Tuesday 26 May 2015

Elys Review


Getting ready for Miss England means a lot of racing around the shops picking up a variety of things here and there. When you are focusing on raising tons for charity and toning your body, as well as various appearances and speeches, it is easy to let things slip your mind. Last year I did just that and nearly forgot my LBD and shoes for the opening of Mr World which the England contestants featured in.

So to avoid such a crisis I have been searching for a simpler solution. Elys, my local department store in Wimbledon, is just that. I started visiting as soon as I moved in January as I needed a dress altered, and the tailors there were simply wonderful. I have been back plenty of times now and they’ve saved me throwing a lot of things and giving garments a new lease of life.

What I really like about Elys is the quality of service. I have been in other department stores and been completely ignored, but at every counter members of staff are engaged were customers – they are happy and positive, not pushy, and actively show an interest in the customer.

I used to think that department stores were also for the middle aged lady of leisure, but Elys carries a number of modern, sophisticated and youthful brands that say otherwise. It has a great range from high-street to high end and is the perfect place to get some decent swimwear and underwear. I have been in and bought wedding guest attire alongside casual tops from its in-store Warehouse and Ted Baker counters. Dune is another excellently run counter and the staff there helped me pick out the perfect glamorous heels. Myself and my Mum are both catered for here and so is my entire family.

All the little extras really make Elys a great place to shop. 

An in-store nail salon and beauticians, as well as afternoon tea for a tenner means I don’t tend to shop around anymore. I originally visited for the makeup counters as I couldn’t get a good service elsewhere, as well as dress alterations, and now I use Elys for pretty much everything.

At the moment I am on the hunt for a perfect pair of jeans to wear during rehearsals, as well as a few extra make-up items and another pair of perfect day-to-night beige heels to take me everywhere, and I know where I will be getting them from!

I have just signed up to become a VIP and I have just received my Elys beauty club card which I am sure I get lots of use out of. For anyone who wants a better shopping experience, I would recommend Elys 100%.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Miss Hampshire