Monday 8 June 2015

Third Month as Miss H

 

My third month as Miss Hampshire has literally been non-stop!

 

But I wouldn’t have it any other way. Regional organiser of the Mr & Miss Hampshire competition Paula Langley told me at a recent event we attended together how proud she was of me using my title so much, and that really made my month. You don’t often get the opportunities you do when you represent your local county, so I want to make the most of it.

Southampton Hospital Charity Fashion Show

Right at the start of the month I modelled and presented at the Southampton Hospital Charity Fashion Show with L.K. Bennett and Clinique. I have done a little catwalk work before, but what I was nervous about was my speech on what the charity means to me. I am used to public speaking, but this was really a story from the heart and it was difficult to not get emotional. A copy of my speech can be found here. We managed to raise £3,285.38 from the evening which is amazing!

Buckinghamshire Finals

I attended the finals of Mr & Miss Buckinghamshire a few weeks back and what a great event it was. Organised by the Heslewood family, with Miss England 2013 Kirsty Heslewood presenting alongside 2014 Miss Bucks Holly Finlay, rounds included Brainy Beauty and Mr Mind, and a sports round for the guys and an ecological fashion show for the women. I helped out a little with the raffle and got the girls changed and ready. It was a really well ran competition and both winners are very worthy of their titles. Thanks again for having me!

Tea & Teddies for YOPEY

If you believed everything you read about young people in the press, you wouldn’t have a very good of the generation. YOPEY recognises the great young role models we have and rewards young unsung heroes instead.

Our Crown Charity Challenge for the month of May was to host a tea with teddy party to fundraise for YOPEY. I invited my three best friends from uni down for the weekend and we enjoyed some tea and pastries in the garden alongside our best bear friends.

Highcliffe & Infinity Camera Club Shoot

My sponsors of Miss Hampshire were having a field trip down Milford Beach for the portrait session and I was so excited to be invited along too. I owe this club a lot as they got me to the finals!
We tried and tested a lot of photography techniques and theories in quite difficult and bright conditions, but we managed to get some good images. What is great about working with multiple photographers is seeing the difference in images that were all taken in the same place at the same time.

Trip to Miss England HQ

I popped up with Paula to support Miss Basingstoke in her popularity round final. Winners of the popularity round from each regional were invited to participate in a country wide popularity final. The winner Shirin is simply gorgeous and a perfect Miss Popularity. I really enjoyed my visit to Leicester, the Miss England HQ, as I got to the see the wonderful team that makes it all happen, as well as meet some new and previous beauty queens.

Celebrating Macmillan’s 10th Birthday

There are only 12 regional centres in the UK that do what the Macmillan centre does at Southampton Hospital. They really do make miracles happen and I couldn’t wait to send them a social media message to show my support to them. So far I have raised just over £1,000 for them and I will not stop!

Strawfie-ing in Basingstoke

Just this weekend I attended the Brackenwood 5k to cheer on all the runners, and to get them to support our cystic fibrosis campaign. Everyone got involved despite being seriously worn out after racing around the shops and park (it is an unusual race route to explain) and we raised tons of awareness of how it might feel to have CF. Find out how you can do a Stawfie here!

The next month is going to be even more excited with the finals not so far away now! I am knitting in Portsmouth, hosting a tea party at my local hospital, picking out my dream dress from Mon Cheri, heading to the semi-finals to support so many hopefuls who are all amazing, as well as photoshoots with David Freeman and Fresh Academy. I’ll also be working on my Age UK Big Chinwag charity challenge. Phew! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Miss Hampshire