Monday 6 July 2015

The 2015 Miss England Semi Finals


Last night I attended the Miss England semi-finals in Kelham Hall, Newark, Nottinghamshire, and what a night it was.

(Before I get into it I have to say I am so proud I managed to get to the venue at all. I had a cancelled train and when I finally rocked up to Newark I found the main road closed off as there was a fire in the town centre. I hope everyone is okay from it, and big thanks to Alex Miss Forest & Fens for my lift to Kelham Hall, and to Miss Basingstoke and her Mum for the ride and lodgings back!).

Let’s be honest – getting through the Miss England semi-finals is tough. 50-60 amazing contestants vying for ten spots who all in my opinion were great enough for the national stage. I didn’t envy the judges one bit last night!

The contestants first took to the stage in their amazing eco-wear creations which is always a favourite round of mine. This round really allows contestants to show their personalities, passions and causes and this year the semi-finalists outfits were incredible. There were some truly unique outfits as well as some great numbers demonstrating support for a number of charities including the British Legion and Breast Cancer UK.

With the contestants already taking part in a closed door interview beforehand and a country themed photoshoot earlier in the day, they now took to the stage one last time in evening wear. They were all so serene and elegant it was a real joy to watch.


Sitting beside me were a number of grand finalists who have already qualified for the national finals. We all had good friends competing so the girls on stage had some serious support from us all at the back of the room. It was great to meet new faces and catch up with the girls from last year.

I bought a raffle balloon from reigning Miss Leicestershire Holly Desai which unfortunately slipped out of my hand so I’ll never know if I was a winner! Stephanie Hill, Miss South Yorkshire performed a number of beautiful songs – her voice is stunning and she is just born to be a star. Both of these young ladies remind me of real Disney princesses – Jasmine and Elsa perhaps!?

Reigning Mr England Jordan Williams jetted in from Gibraltar where he had been judging their national competition. He sung a number of modern and classic songs and as usual had the whole audience in rapture!
A number of Mr England contestants were also attendance competing for the Top Model title. This went to Robert Dawe who I have met before and he does know how to rock a catwalk so well done to him and all the other Mr England finalists for putting on a great show for us.

Okay so now…. The results!

(Also big thanks to Mary and Angie for allowing us girlies to crown and sash the top 10. The two girls I ended up crowning are two of my absolute favourite friends, both Charlottes, in Miss England so you really made me the happiest girl, as I was so happy for them!)

Miss Popularity -  Charlotte Rudham, Miss Charity Queen
Miss Charity -  Rose Marnie, Wildcard BWAP Winner
Miss Publicity Queen – Sophie Smith, Miss Cheltenham (she won Come Dine With Me!)

Judges choices….

Miss Brighton Angel Collins
Miss Somerset Emily Saunders
Miss Bolton Laura Collins
Miss Rickmansworth Charlotte White
Miss Sandhurst Francesca Hull
Miss Skegness Olivia Green
Miss Norwich & District Cheraleigh Van Zanten

Well done all the contestants it is such a tough competition but please keep coming back and trying as you can only gain more experiences. Thank you to Angie, Rachel, Linford, Mark, Mary, Andrea, Diane, Lisa, Karina, Kerry, Kirsty, Andrew, Kev, Simon, Paul and anyone else I missed as the Miss England team just pull it off every time! (I’m very sorry if I did miss anyone I got in at 2.30AM yaaaaaaaawwwwwwn)

Looking forward to seeing my new buddies and the qualifying top 10 at the finals which is very very soon now!

P.S Thank you Sophie for lending me your dress! I had so many compliments!

P.P.S Big thanks to the Periscope team Lewie and Liv for pulling off live broadcasts of the show. Can't wait for the finals coverage either!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Miss Hampshire