Wednesday 29 April 2015

The Pageant Boyfriend's Perspective


Preparing for a huge competition such as Miss England can be stressful. There is so much to do, and therefore having a support unit made up of your closest family and friends is important. So, I’ve asked my nearest and dearest what it is like to be involved from their viewpoint. My live-in boyfriend, Ian Palmer, has seen myself compete in five regional heats and one national final. Let’s see what he really thinks….

Do you enjoy pageants?
I do really enjoy the pageants, they are all run very well, and you can see how much it means to all the girls. Everyone gives 100% and it makes a great spectacle.

What is the best part of having a girlfriend compete?

The best part about having your girlfriend compete is the great pride you feel when they are walking down that cat walk. Because you as the boyfriend know just how much hard work they have put in to get there.

And what is the hardest part?

The hardest part is probably helping your partner with the stresses and strains of preparing as it is such a tough competition.

What is the biggest misconception people have about pageants?

People who don't know about pageants assume it is all about just being very pretty, putting on a bikini and prancing around. They do not realise just how much work goes into them, and how smart and charitable these girls actually are.

How do you support your partner during ‘pageant prep’?

I support my girlfriend by trying to bring a sense of calmness to her preparations, as it can be a very stressful time. I just try to help in every way possible, whether it's helping raise money for charity or coming up with ideas for an Eco outfit.

How much does it mean to you for your loved one to win?

It would mean everything to me for my girlfriend to win Miss England, because I know it would mean everything to her, especially after overcoming such difficult times in both of our lives. I also know that she would be an incredible Miss England because she just wants to help everyone and make a difference in the world.

What did you most enjoy at the Miss England national final last year?

The Miss England final last year was a fantastic event and the first one I had experienced, so it's hard to choose a favourite part. The after party was pretty amazing and it was great to meet all the contestants when they weren’t performing.
What are you looking forward to this year?

I'm looking forward to my girlfriend winning Miss England this year - she truly deserves it and would be, and is, the perfect role model.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Miss Hampshire